Asked 4 months ago - Atlanta, GAFlag
I have a few questions on H1 B Visa applications. Request your answers
1. Will applying H1 through multiple employers increase your chance?
2. Incase multiple H1 Applications get picked up, will the candidate be disqualified?
3. If not getting dis-qualified , what is the process to choose one H1 among the multiple H1 approvals?
Request your help
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary
1. No, it only complicates matters.
2. Cannot be determined from your posting. That would depend on the background of the candidate.
3. You choose the employer you wish to work for BEFORE there are any filings, and have that, and only that, employer file an H-1B petition.
Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.
1) No. It is best to choose and have only 1-2 companies petition for you. Remember you will be questioned at the Consulate towards this bona fide job offer and your bona fide intent to join your petitioning employer. Petitioning companies spend thousands of dollars on these petitions.
2) No. However you may be questioned during visa interview regarding the multiple filings.
3) As mentioned, wisely choose an employment opportunity with a good company, may be two, and have them petition in your behalf.
26,789 answers this week
2,681 professionals answering