I have a felony probation violation warrant. I'm planning on taking a train. Does Amtrak check for warrants when getting tickets

Asked about 3 years ago - Hanover, PA

Will I be arrest on site if they scan my ID and a bench warrart for violating probation comes up

1. Jason Kutulakis

Answered . You should consult with and retain an attorney to address the warrant. Why continue avoiding it when you will undoubtedly be caught. Better to confront it.

2. Jason Kutulakis

3. Jason Kutulakis

4. Ellis B. Klein

Pro

Answered . They could. You should get an attorney to handle the case.
    Good luck

5. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

Answered . I belive that you posted before that you want to take the train to Utah. I doubt that once you are on board anyone is gonig to come and ask you for ID but with the hightened security across the nation as it relates to Commercial and common carrier transportation I'd venture a guess that there may be some sort of ID check when tickets are purchased. the ID check may be cross referenced against a terrorist watch list but not sure if its cross checked against active warrants. I suppose it depends on what the warrant is for.

Understand this however; at some point, somewhere you will be apprehended. People with warrants have been apprehended when they did absolutly nothing wrong, If your in a car that gets rear eneded at a stop sign and the police arrive you could be taken into custody, Perhaps you drive stone cold sober through a DUI check point, who knows. Folks who run from warrants are always looking over their shoulder.

The best advice is to retain an attorney local to where the warrant was issued and deal with it.

6. Christopher G. Bokas

Answered . I believe that you should put aside for now your train ride and deal with your warrant ASAP.

Sincerely,

CHRISTOPHER BOKAS, ESQUIRE
    Christopherbokas@rcn.com
    610-352-7100

7. Carina Laguzzi

Answered . You asked this question yesterday. The answer will always be the same. Do not go unless you have permission. If you do, you will be in worse standing with the Court on your violation hearing.