I have a felony for Evading arrest and a misdeamnor for Burglary of a motor vehicle, i got bailed out of jail yesterday

Asked almost 5 years ago - Katy, TX

I have a felony for Evading arrest and a misdeamnor for Burglary of a motor vehicle, i got bailed out of jail yesterday and have court next monday and tuesday, im 17 u probably messed up the rest of my life, what kind of sentence am i looking for? I have a couple things to stay about what happened, first evading is making it more dramatic then it was, police report says 2 1/2 miles they were behind me, it was a barely maybe half a mile and it was the first turn then i stoped because i felt it was saver, and when i was being asked questions, and throughout the whole process i was never read my rights or anything and i heard that nothing they have could stand up in court, but im not sure, im just looking for any answer,advice,knowledge ,on this subject, thank you for your time

1. Rosario Stornello

1

Answered . First of all you need to start talking to lawyers and hire one. The evading arrest is a state jail felony and is punishable by 6 months to 2 years state jail or 2 - 5 years probation (if you are eligible by not having been convicted of a felony in the past) the Burglary of a motor vehicle is a class A misdemeanor and is punishable by up to 1 year in the county jail or up to 2 years probation. If this is your first offense then you need a lawyer who will try to get you Deferred adjudication probation. This will keep your record clean. The most important advice I have is retain an attorney as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Paul Holt Walcutt

Answered . I'd agree with the advice of the other Texas attorney. You need to stop posting information about your case online ASAP and talk to some criminal defense attorneys about fighting these cases. They could stack you on these cases so you could be looking at up to 3 years if convicted of both charges (2 years state jail for the evading and 1 year for the BOV).

3. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . I agree with the sage assessments of Mr. Stornello, and likewise suggest that you need to at least consult directly (if not retain) a TX defense lawyer before you go to Court. Respectfully, criminal defense is not a do-it-yourself project. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.