I have a felony charge. can that be exponged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

charge- cpw 3rd. It happened in Ny State, 10 yrs ago. its interfering with jobs i qualify for .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You really need to ask this question under the New York section of AVVO so that a New York lawyer can advise you. Good luck to you.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Get a criminal defense attorney in NY to advise you about this.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Larry Thomas McMillan

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Florida law allows you to seal or expunge one criminal case. In order to qualify you cannot have another conviction on a criminal offense. An expungement is permitted when the case has been dismissed. Sealing of your record occurs if you received a with holding of adjudication.

    Since your offense occurred in NY, I agree with the other attorneys that you should contact an attorney in NY.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering