I have a feeling my foreclosure case is similar to Roman Pino v Bank of New York Mellon with FORECLOSURE FRAUD. How to prove it?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

The case at issue, known as Roman Pino v. Bank of New York Mellon, stems from the so-called robo-signing scandal that emerged in 2010 when it was revealed that banks and their law firms had hired low-wage workers to sign legal documents without checking their accuracy, as is required by law.
https://ori2.polk-county.net/ct_web1/case_detai...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/us-foreclosure-suit-idUSBRE8491GW20120510

1. Margery Ellen Golant

Pro

2

Answered . Sadly, there are a huge number of cases that have similar fact to the Pino v. Bank of New York case in which, by the way, the Florida Supreme Court has not yet issued its opinion. However, one of the huge challenges we who do this defense work face, is presenting the facts in a way that will result in the judge actually granting relief as a result. While it may seem amazing, that is by no means a sure thing.

The challege is already a very uphill battle - unless you engage the assistance of a really knowledgable foreclosure litigation, you are not likely to get anywhere at all. So, do yourself a favor and consult with an attorney who really understands this area of law, and who can portray the issues (assuming you do have them) in the most useful possible way.

2. Joshua Eli Adams

1

Answered . I wouldn't get too hopeful about Pino v. Bank of New York Mellon. It is being predicted that that case will be ruled on against the respondent. That doesn't mean you don't likely have plenty of tools to fight with. There are likely plenty of flaws in the assignment in your case. It just means that you shouldn't get y our hopes up that ultimately, you will win your foreclosure action and get to live in your house without a mortgage. That is not a likely outcome.

My firm does handle a lot of foreclosure defense. We would be happy to review your foreclosure and advise you. If you want to fully litigate the case, we can. You should be fully aware though of the risks and benefits before making that decision.

Feel free to call to set up a consultation.