I have a expungement for a crime that I was never convicted for but it still shows up on a basic job background check.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kennesaw, GA

The expungement was for Dui and failure to maintain. I was arrested for being considered a less safe driver but my blood and alcohol level tested 0. So the charges were dropped and dismissed. I recently applied for a job at a book store. They sent my social and information to a backgroung company in California. I just received a letter today about the information that showed up on my public records now it did say nol pros next to the information. But if it was expunged why is it still showing up on my record?

1. Allen Rust Knox

5

Answered . There is an action whereby you can go about getting your criminal history corrected to reflect the expungement. Call me for a consultation.

Allen R. (Rusty) Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399

2. Charles Christopher Flinn

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. Consult with an attorney to see if anything can be done to correct your criminla history.

3. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You need to have a criminal defense attorney review the documents and your expungement order (if you have one) to clear this up or refile the motion/order again. Have an attorney assist you.

4. George F. Mccranie IV

Pro

3

Answered . Based on the information in your question it does not appear that you completed the Expungement process or it may not have been done correctly. You need to contact an Attorney to file for an EXPUNGEMENT of the charges ASAP! The Georgia law will change July 1, 2013 and will NOT allow for an EXPUNGEMENT!!! If you really want this removed from your Criminal History - YOU NEED TO ACT NOW - in order to get the process completed before July 1st, 2013. I hope this information is helps you. Good Luck!!
    George McCranie IV www.mccranielawfirm.com

5. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

1

Answered . Private companies often pick up the information before the expunction occurs. I would have your attorney send a copy of the signed order along with a demand letter certfied mail. When I do this for my clients, the data has been removed 100 percent of the time.