I have a employment question. Does a public school have a right to bar a person from school only because they filed an EEOC.

Asked over 1 year ago - Tobyhanna, PA

I live in a small rural area in Northeast Pennsylvania. 2 years ago, I worked for a charter school when I was discriminated against for being older and more experienced (skipped over for promotion to supervisor that was given to a girl who I had trained the previous year when she began her first year teaching). I filed an EEOC with the federal and that is pending. I was then fired or "not renewed". I currently work as a behavior special consultant and one of my clients is a student in the charter school. Today, they called my work and told them that I was "not welcome in their school". I have a legitimate reason to be in the school and it is a public school. This will cause me a loss of more than $75.00 per week as I must lose all of my hours in connection with the client.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

1

Answered . The issues raised here are worth a personal consultation with a local employment attorney. Most likely, the school can lawfully bar you from the premises, but it is possible that vigorous advocacy could make the school antsy about pressing that right.