Skip to main content

I have a disordery conduct non violent but is a felony6 and my sentence was 2 yrs probation and 6 mos of anger mangement. i was

Maricopa, AZ |

I was arrested in nov. 2006. the charge was reduced to disorderly conduct a felony 6. i have never been arrested before for anything in my life.
Now i am having trouble getting a job because this is on my record. i need help asap in getting a job.

please email me for any help you can provide.

thank you,

Don W. Smith

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am not sure what information you are seeking. Arizona does not provide for an expungement. The best you can do is complete your probation and then file a request to set aside your conviction. If you need assistance to either petition the court to terminate probation and/or handle the motion to set aside the conviction, please give me a call.

Please cut and paste the link to my legal guide on the issue.


A disorderly conduct is usually a misdemeanor in AZ. You should check and make sure it wasn't designated a misdemeanor.

However, I agree with Mr. Snader. If in fact it was a felony conviction, there is something we refer to as a "set aside" which is as close to an expungement that you can get in AZ. It doesn't "expunge" the conviction from public records, but a judge does enter an order vacating the conviction and sentence, and dismissing the charge.

As Mr. Snader suggested, you probably need an attorney to assist you with this. There are a number of types of cases that can't even be set aside, and an attorney can tell you if yours is one of them.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer