I have a diploma from continental academy and i dint know it wasnt accredited

Kissimmee, FL |

i have a high school diploma that i got online and i found out that it it not recognized by the government and i have to take the courses online because i have 2 babies, and i want to know if i qualify for deferred action or do i need to get another diploma, if so what school online do you recommend, because most of them are scams, please i need help!!

You need to enroll back in school and work towards obtaining either a high school diploma or a GED. It is one of the requirements and there is simply no way around it. It's enough if you now show that you are enrolled at a (real) school, one with a physical location.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues ... find a real school with a real GED program.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I am so sorry to hear that, especially since you have two babies. The issue of lack of accreditation is an immensely important problem for private schools in Florida of all types, including online schools. Florida Department of Education has it's own online school, Florida Virtual School, which is legitimate and would grant you an diploma. I understand you have to choose another online school because of your child care situation. I've attached a link which gives info on the GED options.

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented here should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law