I have a diploma from continental academy and i dint know it wasnt accredited

Asked almost 2 years ago - Kissimmee, FL

hi,
i have a high school diploma that i got online and i found out that it it not recognized by the government and i have to take the courses online because i have 2 babies, and i want to know if i qualify for deferred action or do i need to get another diploma, if so what school online do you recommend, because most of them are scams, please i need help!!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . You need to enroll back in school and work towards obtaining either a high school diploma or a GED. It is one of the requirements and there is simply no way around it. It's enough if you now show that you are enrolled at a (real) school, one with a physical location.

2. Allison Louise Hertog

Pro

1

Answered . I am so sorry to hear that, especially since you have two babies. The issue of lack of accreditation is an immensely important problem for private schools in Florida of all types, including online schools. Florida Department of Education has it's own online school, Florida Virtual School, which is legitimate and would grant you an diploma. I understand you have to choose another online school because of your child care situation. I've attached a link which gives info on the GED options.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... find a real school with a real GED program.