I have a Desk apperance ticket for shoplifting, it was dated 7/16/14, and i thought was 7/18/14

Flushing, NY |
Filed under: Shoplifting

Therefore, i missed and have failed to attend, i went to 109 police station and ask for advice, i was told, the court will issue bench arrest, and i just need to go to court tomorrow and see what happen, what should i do? At LOC 125-01 Queens Blvd. thanks

1. Go to court and get the warrant vacated before the police come looking for you. It is best to retain a criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. It's always best to have an experienced criminal lawyer with you when you have court, especially when there is a warrant for your arrest which increases the chance that bail will be set. You should be able to resolve this case without a criminal record if its your first offense.

I am a former Brooklyn Criminal Court Deputy Bureau Chief with over 17 years experience specializing in handling criminal cases. All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. Also, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.

3. Go to the courthouse where you were supposed to report and speak with the clerk.

Any response I provide is meant as a general view on the subject and is no way intended to be specific legal advice to any individual. If you wish specific advice, you should hire and consult with an attorney of your choosing.

Shoplifting topics