Skip to main content

I have a deferred prosecution

Lincolnton, NC |

and i have community service ,and fines to pay . the fines are due may 10th the community service is due july 3rd ,and next court date is oct 3rd ,how can i go about getting an extension on paying my fines?

Attorney Answers 1


If you had a lawyer represent you when you entered the deferred prosecution, then have them assist you. If not, you could have the case sent up to the courtroom and ask the judge to extend the time to pay. I wouldn't recommend doing that, however, without and attorney. Regardless, if you have to represent yourself, I suggest doing as much community service as possible before asking for the time to pay. That way, it shows the prosecutor and the judge you are doing what you are supposed to do, even though you are having trouble with the financial conditions of your deferred prosecution.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics