I have a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and I got an underage drinking ticket.

Asked about 1 year ago - Elkhart, IN

I am an 18 year old dreamer. I am a top scholar and have never been in trouble with the law, but someone gave me a sip of their drink at a party and we got busted. I wasn't arrested, but I still have to go to court. I want to know if this is going to affect my future renovation of Deferred Action or a possible amnesty application ( if it happens).

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . It appears that that minor underage drinking ticket should not mar your prospective changes of extending the DACA, however, I suggest working with a local counsel to complete the case with the least negative impact by getting a possible deferment.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

1

Answered . The best thing you can do is contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to help you with the underage drinking ticket. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.