I have a custody/ communication question

Fresno, CA |

if i feel the need to have a witness monitor my phone calls with my ex by having her on speaker phone during our calls is that legal, and do i have to notify her up front that theyre being monitored? they arent being recorded because we are a two party state

To protect yourself and any evidence that may be obtained during the phone conversations I would suggest you get a court order allowing you to monitor calls with someone else or at the minimum advising the other party they are being monitored.

If you found this answer helpful, please take a second and click the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer or select it as Best Answer.

Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific and court specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

I would really suggest that,

1) you have a court order; or

2) tell the person that someone is listening to your calls.

ms johns i really appreciate your honesty and candor ive asked multiple questions of you and youve always replied with what i NEEDED to hear not what i wanted, and i thank you

actually it could be mrs as well, i apologize

Hillary Johns

Hillary Johns

You're very welcome. And it's Ms.

Recommended articles about Family law