Skip to main content

I have a criminal record can fix my immigration papers I been deported twice I'm in mexico right now

Phoenix, AZ |

I been arrested for drugs one time n domestic violence n traffic tickets

Attorney Answers 2

  1. I am sorry to inform you that with multiple deportations and drug convictions/DV in your record your prospects look bleak, in particular if you re-entered illegally after having previously been deported. Your best option would to discuss in person with an immigration attorney during a consultation.

    Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

  2. Multiple deportations in front of an immigration judge are almost impossible to overcome in immigration law. However, some people call voluntary returns, deportations, so it is not clear based on your question what your immigration history is. Certainly your convictions are going to effect your case, however I agree with the other commentator that you should consult with an immigration attorney. In order to be best prepared, you should bring a copy of your criminal record to the consultation.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics