I have a court date in Ny but I live in another state ,what happens if I don't show up, financially I cant afford the plane fare

Asked over 1 year ago - 11422

is there a statue of limitation if a warrant is issued for my arrest, and will the authorities come to my current state to arrest me?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . A warrant will be issued for your arrest and there is no statute of limitations. What is the charge?

2. Terri Beth Kalker

Pro

2

Answered . Unfortunately, you cannot "wait out" a warrant. However, depending on the Court and the charge, an attorney may be able to appear in your absence. I do it often.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

1

Answered . There is no statute of limitations. Contact a local attorney and see if they can appear for you and resolve it.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net