I have a court date coming up for a VOP for my 1st DWI since then i have corrected & am i track for rehabilitateing myself

Asked about 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

But my PO has requested the court to revoke my probation will the judge consider what i have done since my VOP & recommend something else other than Jail??? Please help and advise i've been hearing all sorts of different things i have no priors other than a DUAI 4 years ago

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

7

Answered . The Judge will consider everything. Retain a good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Joseph Paul Petito

Pro

5

Answered . I would get into a rehab program, prior to court. This is your second drinking-related offense, so you could face some Jail time. Hire an attorney prior to appearing before the judge.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . Many times it is just easier to do the time. So you negotiate for a brief jail stint - 30 days. 3 hots and a cot, no responsibilities, a free gym. What more can you ask for? Then, when you come out, the pesky PO is out of your hair, because you completed your sentence. So if you go off track, you don't have to worry about the PO visiting you, urine analyses coming up dirty, being violated, nothing. All you have to do is not get arrested whenever you are doing whatever it is you do that is illegal. Think about it.

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

5

Answered . It depends to a large extent what the VOP is for. Consult with a locally experienced DUI attorney to give yourself the best chance. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

5. Christopher Irvin Simser

3

Answered . Attorney Palumbo has hit the nail on the head.