I have a couple tickets from 9 years ago that i never took care of and my job says i have pending charges. how do i resolve

Asked 3 months ago - Dallas, TX

plz help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Adam Michael Lahood

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the tickets are that old, it means they have probably already been put against your record. Depending upon the amount and circumstances, you may be able to plea for a sweetheart deal and pay much less than face value as the court wants to get paid, and move it out of their system. If these are traffic tickets, talk to a traffic ticket attorney and see what can be done. They should be able to get the warrants pulled/revoked, and then settle the amount owed for you.

  2. James Edward Baker

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . The answer really depends on what you mean by "i never took care of". If you entered a plea and never paid the tickets you will just need to pay them off. If you never entered a plea, then hire a ticket attorney as these tickets maybe so old as to make it difficult for the prosecution to locate a witness or for the witness to remember the citation.

  3. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Speak with a traffic ticket attorney if you never appeared on these matters.


Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering