I have a copy of a police report that I can prove is fraudulent, to whom or where would I file a complaint?

Asked 6 months ago - Bakersfield, CA

I finally got a copy of a police report but in the report it only referrers to 2 officers but in fact there was 3 officers. One of the Officers I know for a fact is a friend of my abusive husband's brother a lieutenant in Long Beach. The reporting officer states he is the Officer that talked to me along with his partner but the fact is the 2 local officers came to assist an Investigator from San Bernardino with the illegal taking of my truck (have video to prove there way 3 officers). The reporting officer makes the report out as if he was the officer talking to me when in fact he never talked to me the only one that did was the Investigator. What I did say isn't what he puts in the report. It mentions they called and talked to the investigator, but leaves the fact the invest was there.

1. Robert Lee Marshall

1

Answered . First of all, have you been charged with a crime? If you have, talk to your lawyer. You might be causing problems in your case.

Even if charges haven't been filed, if you shake things up, it might prompt the DA to file something that otherwise wouldn't have been filed.

With that said, most police departments have a review board that investigates citizen complaints. You can contact the agency involved and ask how to file a citizen complaint.

One more thing... and I can't repeat this enough... if you already have an attorney in a criminal case, TALK TO YOUR LAWYER before you do anything!

2. Joseph Salvatore Farina

1

Answered . You could always file a citizens complaint with the police department. However, I suspect that the police officers will back each other up and say that the report was accurate. By the way, why would they "illegally" take your truck? What are the cops doing to do with it? It wasn't being repossessed, was it?