I have a communication question

Asked over 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

my ex pushed to have phone calls between us as opposed to anything that can be documented, text, emails, etc., i think shes trying to set me up by calling and falsely accusing me of threats, etc., who can i have with me to witness the phone calls and be able to witness that im not threatening her if she calls the police and would i still get in trouble even with a witness? also i think she wants to attempt to harass me through phone calls.....since i cant record them, can i have someone listening to our conversation if i have her on speaker phone?

1. George Baker Richardson

1

Answered . I would simply add to Ms. Jones comments that you it would be best to inform your former spouse that someone else is listening to the phone conversation.

2. Edna Carroll Straus

2

Answered . You can record the calls if she knows about it: many cell phones have this capability. I would also jeep a log of all calls; date, time, and content.

You can also insist on email: text messages are a problem as you cannot get the content from your cell phone provider without a court order.

3. Hillary Johns

Answered . I'm sorry that you're going through this. Yes, you can have witnesses. Yes, you can have her on speaker phone. Keep track of when she makes false calls, including the phone numbers so that you have it for your records.