I have a communication question

Asked over 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

my ex pushed to have phone calls between us as opposed to anything that can be documented, text, emails, etc., i think shes trying to set me up by calling and falsely accusing me of threats, etc., who can i have with me to witness the phone calls and be able to witness that im not threatening her if she calls the police and would i still get in trouble even with a witness? also i think she wants to attempt to harass me through phone calls.....since i cant record them, can i have someone listening to our conversation if i have her on speaker phone?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. George Baker Richardson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I would simply add to Ms. Jones comments that you it would be best to inform your former spouse that someone else is listening to the phone conversation.

    If you found this response helpful, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of... more
  2. Edna Carroll Straus

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can record the calls if she knows about it: many cell phones have this capability. I would also jeep a log of all calls; date, time, and content.

    You can also insist on email: text messages are a problem as you cannot get the content from your cell phone provider without a court order.

  3. Hillary Johns

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I'm sorry that you're going through this. Yes, you can have witnesses. Yes, you can have her on speaker phone. Keep track of when she makes false calls, including the phone numbers so that you have it for your records.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,258 answers this week

2,332 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,258 answers this week

2,332 attorneys answering