I have a college degree and I cannot use it to obtain employment. Is there a way to remove the degree from my record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Singer, LA

One reason I am not getting job offer is because I am overqualified.

1. Tiffany Dianne Garland

1

Best Answer

Answered . Aside from simply removing it from your resume, you can file academic bankruptcy with your degree granting institution, although I highly discourage you from doing so.

You have options for obtaining a job despite your degree. One way for doing so is to draft a carefully worded cover letter explaining that you are willing and content to accept a position below what your qualifications.

I would suggest you contact a local employment placement agency. They typically offer services for assisting with resume and cover letter drafting. If not, there are likely consultants in your area that will do so.

Filing academic bankruptcy is a drastic measure with major repercussions that you need to thoroughly mull over before proceeding. Keep in mind that if you file for academic bankruptcy, you will then only have a high school diploma and your options will be even more limited. You would also need to check and see if your college permits academic bankruptcy following the grant of a degree.

2. Norman Antonio Stiteler

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Garland, before giving up, revisit your resume, broaden the geographic and occupational areas in which you are looking for a position, and do not give up.

One or more answers have been taken down.