I have a clear case of whistleblower on a corrupt company. My local attorney said if they fire me we have a great case, they did

They fired me and 60 days later my attorney has not filed a lawsuit and drops me without even a final consultation, just states in a letter they are unwilling to settle. Does anyone know of a GOOD attorney that won't back down?

Ocala, FL -

Jonathan Edgar Pollard

Jonathan Edgar Pollard

Employment / Labor Attorney - Fort Lauderdale, FL

It really depends on what type of whistleblower case you have. There is a difference between a whistleblower claim under federal law and a whistleblower claim under state law. Based on what you've said above, I'm assuming that you have a state law whistleblower claim. In other words, you were fired after objecting to or refusing to participate in illegal activity.

These are tough cases and there are a number of hurdles to clear, but if you were fired for refusing to engage in illegal conduct, then you should speak to another attorney and get a second opinion about your case.

Stuart M. Address

Stuart M. Address

Employment / Labor Attorney - Stuart, FL

I would check AVVO for attorneys in your area that handle employment litigation. I would also call your local county bar association. Your attorney might have simply wanted the case to see if he could get a quick fee from settlement, or something else might have come up to dissaude him from proceeding. In any event, you should contact an employment attorney to determine whether you have a viable basis for a claim against your former employer.

Arthur Thomas Schofield

Arthur Thomas Schofield

Employment / Labor Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

Check the webpage for the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. All members focus on representation of employees.