Skip to main content

I have a clear case of whistleblower on a corrupt company. My local attorney said if they fire me we have a great case, they did

Ocala, FL |

They fired me and 60 days later my attorney has not filed a lawsuit and drops me without even a final consultation, just states in a letter they are unwilling to settle. Does anyone know of a GOOD attorney that won't back down?

Attorney Answers 3


It really depends on what type of whistleblower case you have. There is a difference between a whistleblower claim under federal law and a whistleblower claim under state law. Based on what you've said above, I'm assuming that you have a state law whistleblower claim. In other words, you were fired after objecting to or refusing to participate in illegal activity.

These are tough cases and there are a number of hurdles to clear, but if you were fired for refusing to engage in illegal conduct, then you should speak to another attorney and get a second opinion about your case.

My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I would check AVVO for attorneys in your area that handle employment litigation. I would also call your local county bar association. Your attorney might have simply wanted the case to see if he could get a quick fee from settlement, or something else might have come up to dissaude him from proceeding. In any event, you should contact an employment attorney to determine whether you have a viable basis for a claim against your former employer.

Mark as helpful


Check the webpage for the Florida Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. All members focus on representation of employees.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics