I have a Class C Felony from 1991 in Indiana and a Class D Felony in Kentucky from 1990. How do I get these records sealed

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

The Class C was for Defrauding a Financial Institution (bad checks) and the Class D was for possession of a forged instrument. Both of these were over 20 years ago - will they show up now if I try to rent an apartment in Dallas Texas?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . They will likely show up on any background check--even one run on an apartment in Dallas. You'll need to contact attorneys who practice in the counties in Indiana and Kentucky where the cases were filed. They'll be able to tell you your options based on the laws in those states and the dispositions of the cases.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . Each state has its own laws and lawyers are licensed by each state. So, you really need to address your questions to lawyers in Indiana and Kentucky. You might want to re-ask your question on avvo and where it asks what state you want to know about enter each state. That probably means rea-asking twice.

3. David Daniel White

Pro

1

Answered . Out of state felony convictions will usually appear on a basic criminal history search.

The Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737