Skip to main content

I have a child support order,with visiration stipulations,however the mother has not let mw see my children .how can i get a vis

Houston, TX |

I pay my chidsupport,but denied visoration,even though the court has ordered it

Attorney Answers 3


The court can be petitioned to enforce visitation. Hopefully, you have good records of appearing on the ordered date, time, and location to exercise visitation.

24 years in Family Law and Criminal Defense. 713-627-0010 Nights/Wknds OK

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You will need to hire a private attorney to help you.

Look on this excellent website to an attorney. It appears you live in the Houston area. This website lists many attorneys. Ignore avvo's rating system. Many excellent attorneys in the Houston area have a crummy rating on avvo because they have not "claimed" their listing. So call around and find an attorney that you like. Many attorneys in the Houston area offer a free consultation.

I only mediate these days so please don't call me. My website lists 2 attorneys that I refer to so you can visit my website & get their names. You can also look on avvo & see the attorneys that I've recommended. Houston has many fine attorneys so you have no trouble finding an attorney. Prices can vary so look around.

Hopefully, you can mediate - my prices are reasonable - $250 per side for 4 hours.

Good luck!

Fran Brochstein has over 20 years legal experience & enjoys educating the public about Texas laws. She is a full-time family law mediator in the Houston area. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a personal consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific legal problem. You can contact her at 713-805-9591 - 7 days a week - her personal cell phone.

Mark as helpful


First, obtain a certified copy of the Final Order. Second, request the period of visitation in writing, consistent with the Final Order you have. If you are denied visitation at that point you have a few options. One option involves contacting the authorities, which may or may not be desirable. There is no way for an attorney to advise whether contacting the authorities is appropriate based upon the minimal facts presented. Another option is to move forward with an Enforcement action, to enforce the terms of the already existing Final Order. Enforcement issues can be difficult to handle without the guidance of an attorney but there is no requirement that you do have an attorney. Consider meeting with an attorney in your area and reviewing the current order so you can receive more specific advice.

No attorney client-relationship is created by the above communication. You should always consider contacting an attorney with the details of your case in order to receive the most useful and accurate information.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics