Skip to main content

I have a child support modification soon and the DCS calculated my child support with 36.0% visitation, how can I change it?

Hanford, CA |

I have a court odered joint custody of 40.58% time with my child from a previous relationship. I have two other children that I have with my wife and that live in the home with me that the DCS did not give me credit for with Family code 4071. The upcomming court is for a modification in my child support for this one child that I requested due to my income lowering. Also they have my ex as paying 1045.00 for her health insurance premium which is wrong because she works for the state as I do and we have the same insurance and she only has one child. I pay 558.00 for employee and 3 or more in my health premium which is the highest in our insurance provider. I feel screwed by DCS.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Did you file an income and expense declaration and attach your proof of income? You should have included that with your Order to Show Cause for modification of child support. At the hearing you can let the Judge know these things.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


The attorneys from your same state are the best source of guidance and up-to-date information. Good luck!

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer