Skip to main content

I have a Charter junction box on my property and they keep digging up my yard to service THEIR customers. What are my options?

Simpsonville, SC |

Charter is not MY cable or intrenet service provider.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It depends. If Charter has its own easement, then the easement document will define their use of the easement. If Charter does not have its own easement but is using another easement at the option of that other easement-holder (or by operation of law), then you can complain to the easement-holder. If Charter is exceeding the scope of an easement, Charter might be committing a trespass. You may wish to have an attorney write Charter a letter and bring this matter to the attention of Charter or to the holder of the main easement. It is irritating and inappropriate for Charter or any other easement holder to misuse or exceed the easement. I wish you much luck with this -- a homeowner should not have to put up with this.

The material on the site is made available with the understanding that this author is not engaged in providing professional legal advice. Before relying on material on the site users should obtain appropriate professional legal advice. The material on this site may include opinions, recommendations or other content from third parties that do not necessarily reflect this author's views. Links to other Web sites are included for the user's convenience and do not constitute this author's endorsement of the material on those sites, or any associated product or service. The listing of a person or company in any part of this site in no way implies any form of endorsement by this author of products or services provided by that person or company. The questioner is advised to consult an attorney for legal advice as to that person's particular situation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me (us). You may obtain information about other lawyers by consulting the Yellow Pages or by calling the South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 799-7100 in Columbia or toll-free at 1-800-868-2284. If you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this communication, you should direct any questions you have to that lawyer. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me (us) at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this communication is general and that your own situation may vary.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer