I have a cerebral palsy case for my twins, they are now three years old. The scheduled deposition is may 4th, is the case over?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

Cerebral palsy case...

A deposition is merely one step in the "discovery" process of any lawsuit. Your deposition is a time for the defendants to discover what you know about the case and how your children and you and your spouse have been affected by the alleged malpractice.

I assume that you have an attorney. I suggest you speak with your attorney as soon as possible and ask him or her to review with you the various stages of your lawsuit and what you should be expecting in the future. I am sure your attorney will also wish to work extensively with you to prepare you for your deposition in May. Call your attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you very much Mr. Lundeen, your response was well thought out and not too brusk, also you did not fail to mention the rest of the family that has definitely been affected. I really appreciate your time and expertise. Be well!

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

You are welcome.

No. A deposition is part of the Discovery process. The defendants in your case are entitled to ask you questions about the claim, your pregnancy, the medical treatment of your twins, and how they are doing now, as well as numerous other questions. You should really speak with your attorney in depth before you appear for your deposition to prepare you and so that you know what to expect. After your deposition, your attorney will get to question the defendants at a deposition as well. Call your attorney, who should know your case better than anyone.

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

Thank you very much for your time and expertise... Be well

Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Gregory Scott Gennarelli

You're welcome. Good luck.

Your case is far from over. Your deposition will be the first of several. It is not unusual to take depositions of all several doctors, nurses and technicians after the parent's deposition. Cerebral palsy cases are very time consuming. Typically these cases can take up to five years to bring to a conclusion. I am very concerned that you are even asking this question. You need to communicate with your lawyer.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

No. A deposition is just part of the process of getting a case ready for trial. It sounds like you need to have a sit down with your lawyer to get more educated on the process so you know more of what to expect. The attorney should also make sure that you are fully prepared if they are taking your deposition.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Thank you as well. Good luck with your case!

No. It is part of the discovery process. Discuss the matter with your lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

No. You are in the discovery phase. Trial will be a ways off. For those reading this question, more information on cerebral palsy lawsuits can be found on my website.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

No a deposition is part of the discovery phase of the case. There will be medical exams of the children. Speak with your personal injury/ medical malpractice lawyer to go over the preliminary conference order. That way you will know the schedule of what is going to happen.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Thank you for your time and expertise... Be well!

The depositions are a sign that you are about midway through the litigation of your children's malpractice case. There will be depositions of the physicians nurses and perhaps hospital employees after your deposition. There will be further discovery after the depositions. The defendants will have your children examined. Your lawyers may want a day in the life film done of your children so that a future jury can see what your children and you go through everyday. Call your lawyers. Go sit down with them and have them explain the remaining course the case should take. Keep an open line of communication with your lawyers and ask questions. You are entitled to ask and get answers. Good luck I hope that you are truly successful for your children.