I have a CDL and got 2 traffic tickets.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I was in my non-CDL truck and hit someone and got tickets for failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident and no insurance. Are these what are known as serious driving laws and if they convict me, will i lose my CDL?

1. 4

Answered . They are both a potential problems for different reasons. A no insurance conviction will suspend your base privileges which will therefore DQ your CDL. The failure to reduce is a serious violation under CDL law, if committed in a CMV. However, even if you receive supervision on the offense, it gets reported as supervision conviction and can confuse employers and ins companies. But one serious offense alone does not cause a DQ even if you are convicted. you need to get two in 3 years. Contact a Chicago lawyer. I know that Harold Wallin understands these rules.

2. 2

Answered . The no insurance ticket may be a problem. Hire an attorney.

3. 1

Answered . Any CDL holder risks losing the commercial driving privileges and has a higher degree of accountability due to the vested public interests. You must hire an experienced traffic counsel familiar with that traffic court and its procedures. It beats the alternative of exposing your significant economic interests if you lose your CDL.

4. Answered . It is not worth the risk - consult a local traffic ticket attorfney.