I have a CDL and got 2 traffic tickets.

Chicago, IL |

I was in my non-CDL truck and hit someone and got tickets for failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident and no insurance. Are these what are known as serious driving laws and if they convict me, will i lose my CDL?

The no insurance ticket may be a problem. Hire an attorney.

Any CDL holder risks losing the commercial driving privileges and has a higher degree of accountability due to the vested public interests. You must hire an experienced traffic counsel familiar with that traffic court and its procedures. It beats the alternative of exposing your significant economic interests if you lose your CDL.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

They are both a potential problems for different reasons. A no insurance conviction will suspend your base privileges which will therefore DQ your CDL. The failure to reduce is a serious violation under CDL law, if committed in a CMV. However, even if you receive supervision on the offense, it gets reported as supervision conviction and can confuse employers and ins companies. But one serious offense alone does not cause a DQ even if you are convicted. you need to get two in 3 years. Contact a Chicago lawyer. I know that Harold Wallin understands these rules.

It is not worth the risk - consult a local traffic ticket attorfney.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Traffic tickets topics