I have a case of criminable libel class 6 felony

Fort Collins, CO |
Filed under: Criminal charges

The Fort Collins police now say it is expired The DA won't offer me 5 minutes

It's a bit unclear what you are asking, please re-post with additional information.

Fort Collins:

I do not know a DA in the state who would file a criminal libel case. There are many reasons for this. First, a DA has been sued for approving a warrant based upon libel. Second, the First Amendment of the Constitution protects much of the speech people find libelous. Third these cases often consist of one person's word against another. This is usually not sufficient evidence upon which to base the filing of a charge. If you want any action taken on the libel you suffered, you probably have to find an attorney who would file a civil suit. Yet, these are very difficult suits and you may have trouble finding an attorney to help.

Brandon

Can you clarify a bit?

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Are you being investigated? If you are being investigated for a crime you should hire an attorney immediately and make no attempts to communicate with law enforcement or the district attorney's office. Keep in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you. An attorney will be able to speak on your behalf and advocate your position before charges are even filed.