I have a case active going on now my question is can i apply for a job and get hire? someone told me that it's going to affect..

Silver Spring, MD |

i have a case active going on at the court. my question is can i apply for a job and get hire? someone told me that it's going to affect my application for a job

Depends on what kind of case you have.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

It depends on a lot of things, such as what job you are applying for, whether they do a thorough background check, and what you are being charged with. The greater the alleged offense, the more likely it is to affect your ability to find a job.

You haven't provided enough facts to be able to answer your question. I recommend that you speak with your attorney *before* you do anything.

The legal analysis of any situation depends on a variety of factors which cannot be properly represented or accounted for in a response to an on-line question. Any answer, discussion or information is intended as general information only, is not intended to serve as legal advice or as a substitute for legal counsel, and should not be relied upon in making any decision. If you have a question about a specific factual situation, you should contact an attorney directly.