I have a car accident case going on at the moment my lawyer he tells me i cant get my medicals paid by pip or the bi

Asked about 1 year ago - Salem, MA

only because the pip did an investigation and ask my husband if he drives and my husband had his license suspended at the time so he said no i don't drive but he did at some time drive and they said they got him driving the rental that was paid by responsible insurance not even the pip and had nothing to do with my accident we were all in i was struck in the back me my husband and 2 daughters were in my car and i was driving and not at fault so my lawyer want to make me settle for 20 thousand and i have life time injuries my husband also is that possible that that excuse is being used to not pay me med bill money he is charging me 40% if it went to court the company wants to settle with an amount i don't agree with he told me if you don't settle ill pull out the case and put a $10,000 lean on

1. Jeffrey A. Young

Pro

5

1

Answered . You have multiple questions. As for the PIP denial, I would need more details about the denial to let you know if they have grounds. As for settlement, it sounds like the responsible party may have a $20,000 policy. If they do not have personal assets that you can go after you may be stuck with the $20,000. Do you have Underinsured Motorist coverage of more than $20,000 per person/$40,000 per collision? Ask you attorney to clarify what is going on for you. If you do not get a satisfactory explanation you can call me.

2. George Costas Andriotis

4

Answered . Unfortunately, your attorney is the best person to answer this question. It sounds like they denied pip for a material misrepresentation.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague that your lawyer is in the best position to address this concern. Hopefully your settlement or judgment will exceed any medical liens by a substantial amount. Good luck.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    https://snyderlf.com
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York where he does general litigation work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

Pro

4

Answered . 40% is absurd. Find a top-rated personal injury lawyer who will do it for a fraction of this fee so you don't get hurt twice.

5. Richard H. Wooster

3

Answered . There is not enough information to value your claim. However, the decision to settle is the client's. That said, you need to listen to the attorney's advice. The issue on your husband driving at some point is also confusing. You may want to buy an hour of an attorney's time for a second opinion with all of the information available.