I have a BSc in Hospitality management and i would like to file for a H1B visa. I would like to know the steps involved.

11208 |

.

You will first need to find an employer willing to sponsor you. If your degree is from a foreign university you will need to have it evaluated. The employer then files a labor condition application and when approved your employer can file the H1b application with supporting documents. There are a limited number of visas available. You can file on April 1 2013. We expect all h1b visas to be gone shortly thereafter

If you have a U.S. employer who is willing to file an H-1B on your behalf and if the position offered is a "specialty occupation" (i.e. if the job requires at a minimum a four year bachelors degree) you may be eligible for an H-1B classification. There are a limited number of H-1B visas available each year and filings will begin on April 1st - it is likely that the H-1B quota will be reached quickly this year. You should consult an immigration attorney or if your prospective employer has an attorney, s/he can guide you through the H-1B process.

Akanksha Kalra, Attorney at Law: 215-542-4905 or ak@akaimmigration.com Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The first step would be to find a petitioning/ sponsoring company willing to hire you in a "specialty occupation, " simply put - a job that requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Education law topics