I have a BSc in Hospitality management and i would like to file for a H1B visa. I would like to know the steps involved.

Asked over 1 year ago - 11208


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Akanksha Kalra

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have a U.S. employer who is willing to file an H-1B on your behalf and if the position offered is a "specialty occupation" (i.e. if the job requires at a minimum a four year bachelors degree) you may be eligible for an H-1B classification. There are a limited number of H-1B visas available each year and filings will begin on April 1st - it is likely that the H-1B quota will be reached quickly this year. You should consult an immigration attorney or if your prospective employer has an attorney, s/he can guide you through the H-1B process.

    Akanksha Kalra, Attorney at Law: 215-542-4905 or ak@akaimmigration.com Disclaimer: The information provided here... more
  2. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will first need to find an employer willing to sponsor you. If your degree is from a foreign university you will need to have it evaluated. The employer then files a labor condition application and when approved your employer can file the H1b application with supporting documents. There are a limited number of visas available. You can file on April 1 2013. We expect all h1b visas to be gone shortly thereafter

  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first step would be to find a petitioning/ sponsoring company willing to hire you in a "specialty occupation, " simply put - a job that requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,462 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,462 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering