Skip to main content

I have a bench warrant in the state of Pennsylvania for child support , how should i take care of this

Erie, PA |
Filed under: Child support

i know in pa, at least in erie county when a bench warrant is issued for support you are automatically found in contempt , and given a sentence without actually seeing a judge ( im not sure how this is legal because of habieus corpus and all, but i assume its because you have already had a contempt hearing so they can get away without giving you another ) anyway is the bench warrant a bonded or non bonded warrant... can i just show up at the court house and pay my purge, or will i actually have to be booked? presently i have had police knocking on my door , im waiting to get my pay check next week before i go down , and im thinking its probably a good possibility ill be picked up before i get paid, any advice on how to deal with this situation would be apprecaited

Attorney Answers 1


The best thing that you can do is to retain an attorney to contact the court for you and to negotiate a 'surrender' on amicable terms. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics