I have a bench warrant for failure to appear in court for a small claims case, how cna I clear all this up?

Asked over 1 year ago - Torrance, CA

I asked for a postponement and it was denied so there was no way that I could make it and then they still expected me to show up when the creditor never returns my calls and clearly doesn't know whats going on.

1. Greg Hagopian

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Assuming you are on this site because you CAN'T hire an attorney, here is some practical advice.

You can clear the arrest warrant by placing yourself on Calendar and appearing before the judge who issued the warrant. Different Courthouses have different methods of doing this, but they all allow you to put youself of calendar one way or another. Call the Court and ask the Criminal Clerk what you need to do.

You should know that the judge may choose to punish you for failing to appear. This may be anything from yelling at you to putting you in jail. Explain youself clearly. You may want to bring notes.

Good Luck.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . You need an attorney . I believe you failed to show up for a judgment debtors examination. This can be dealt with.

Andrew Roberts

3. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

1

Answered . You should have an attorney appear for you and recal the warrant.

4. Maltaise E Cini

Pro

Answered . You should have an attorney appear on your behalf and have the warrant recalled.