Skip to main content

I have a bench trial tomorrow and no attorney to represent me at this time I'm going to court on a class c mis which I was place

Emory, TX |

On one year probation so I'm going for mtr since I caught a felony charge while visiting boyfriend for harboring a fugitive

Attorney Answers 1


None of that makes any sense legally, which compounds my concern for the fact that you're representing yourself in trial. You cannot be on a one year probation for a class C. The law does not allow it. Also you are not allowed to have a trial on a probation violation. You gave up your right to a trial when you pled. You could be having a revocation hearing. Finally you have not asked us a question. You have the right to a court appointed attorney if you are indigent. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney be prepared to show the court proof of indigency so you can get one appointed. Under no circumstances should you be attempting to handle this yourself.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

1 comment

Phillip Wayne Goff

Phillip Wayne Goff


Utterly nothing makes sense about this "questioner's" post.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics