I have a bad credit due to unpaid student loan? How can I resolve it?

Philadelphia, PA |

When I was undergraduate my parents got me student loan and they never told me about it. Recently I realized that it was the case and now my credit has been ruined. Is there anything I can do about it. I cannot repay the amount because it is a lot of money and I haven't been able to land a proper job on my field.

1. The best way to repair your credit is to make arrangements with the creditor to make periodic (e.g., monthly) payments towards the loan and to comply with the arrangement. This way, the creditor will begin reporting positive information to the credit reporting bureaus and your score will improve.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

2. I agree with the other attorney. If you need a credit counselor to help you, I suggest that you look to U.S. Bankruptcy court's website listing certified counselors at: http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/DE_Files/DE_Approved_Agencies_HTML/de_pennsylvania/de_pennsylvania.htm.