I have a 5 year old felony conviction. I am on supervised release. Can I get my federal arrest record expunged?

Asked over 4 years ago - Chicago, IL

I did 24 month in federal prison and I have 8 month left on supervised release. This is my first and only conviction and I have a very large restitution.

I know that you can't get a felony expunged in the state of illinois but what about your federal arrest record? You can get your state and city arrest record expunged, but what about FEDERAL ARREST RECORD not your felony conviction?

1. Answered . You are going to need a Presidential pardon.Ordinarily, you must serve out your sentence in full, including any term of probation or parole, before you will be considered.28 C.F.R. §§ 1.1 et seq., a minimum waiting period of five years after completion of sentence is required before anyone convicted of a federal offense becomes eligible to apply for a presidential
    pardon.

I agree with my colleague's fine answer, tthere is no mechanism for expungement of a federal conviction.

2. Answered . No. The only way path to clearing a federal felony is a Presidential pardon. There is no federal expungement process.

This response is for informational purposes only and is not offered as legal advice.

3. Answered . Unfortunately, obtaining a federal pardon is a lengthy and uncertain process. Good luck.
    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.