I have a 484(a) could i be elegible for the deferred Action?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Compton, CA

i was charged with a 484 (a) like about 10 years ago..now that i tried to get my disposition the case was destroyed, i want to apply for the deffered action, and the only thing that i made was community service. Please I would like to know if I qualify for the Deffered Action! Thank you

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Anyone with a criminal record (or who has ever been arrested) should see a competent immigration lawyer before filing a DACA application. Remember, applicants with certain types of conviction (e.g. DUI) may end up being removed (deported) because the file a DACA application which brings their criminal record under CIS scrutiny.

  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Just one DUI conviction is OKAY for filing DACA, but make sure to have the court's final disposition document showing that you complied & completed all the court ordered requirements. Only when you have three (3) misdemeanor convictions or more is it not OK to file for DACA.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Raphael Samuel Moore

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We advise that anyone with ANY criminal past should consult an attorney before moving forward on deferred action.

    If you need representation, call us at (530) 758-8317 or email thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com Our replies to Avvo... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,173 answers this week

2,832 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,173 answers this week

2,832 attorneys answering