I have a 484(a) could i be elegible for the deferred Action?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Compton, CA

i was charged with a 484 (a) like about 10 years ago..now that i tried to get my disposition the case was destroyed, i want to apply for the deffered action, and the only thing that i made was community service. Please I would like to know if I qualify for the Deffered Action! Thank you

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

5

Answered . Anyone with a criminal record (or who has ever been arrested) should see a competent immigration lawyer before filing a DACA application. Remember, applicants with certain types of conviction (e.g. DUI) may end up being removed (deported) because the file a DACA application which brings their criminal record under CIS scrutiny.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Just one DUI conviction is OKAY for filing DACA, but make sure to have the court's final disposition document showing that you complied & completed all the court ordered requirements. Only when you have three (3) misdemeanor convictions or more is it not OK to file for DACA.

3. Raphael Samuel Moore

3

Answered . We advise that anyone with ANY criminal past should consult an attorney before moving forward on deferred action.