I have a 3 year old warrant for a Felony Probation violation in California? What can happen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Victorville, CA

I have a warrant for probation violation from august 2010 my charges were felony vandalism and felony willful endangerment to a child what is going to happen? A lot of jail time? I have completely changed my life I am clean and sober and married and have a 9 month old son who I stay at home with

1. Kelvin P. Green

2

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to help you. This is serious. You need to resolve this on your terms rather than getting arrested at an in opportune time..

2. Jesse Paul Duran

2

Answered . There aren't enough facts stated in your question to give a meaningful answer. However, do not post any additional facts about your situation.
    Generally speaking, there are many things that can happen. You can be incarcerated for the maximum term less any previous custody time, you can have probation revoked and reinstated on the same terms and conditions, or anything in between, as those are the two extremes.
    At a minimum, without knowing the basis for the violation and your conduct in the interim, it's impossible to speculate what will happen.
    You should contact an experienced local attorney to assist you, have the warrant recalled, and best prepare your argument to the court on your behalf.
    Best of luck to you.

3. Jeffrey Dean Schwartz

2

Answered . A probation violation can be serious. As a felony probation violation you could have probation terminated and spend a prison term in the county jail. On child endangerment charges it could be up to 3 years in the county jail but as a prison sentence. That means the felony would stay on your record.
    The above scenario is unlikely but if this is a case in Victorville it would not surprise me that your probation could be terminated.

Saying that most likely if you take an affirmative approach to taking care of it by clearing the warrant and showing how you have bettered your life you'll get reinstated on probation and pay a penalty of some kind of jail or alternative jail. However you will have an opportunity to finish probation and clear your record.
    You should not take it lightly and make sure you have good legal representation.
    I suggest that if you arrange to take care of it will be much better than getting picked up on the warrant.