I HAVE A 2012 HONDA CRV,iFOUND THAT THERE WAS A RECALL AFTER IT TOOK OFF DOWN HILL AND STOPAFTER HITTING TREES.

Asked 7 months ago - Blairsville, GA

Should HONDA be held respectable. the dealer i have brought 3 HONDAS from says they do not have a 2012,2013 so iwould have to buy a2014,which will be about 6000 more than insurance is offering me.

Pro

10

Answered . You would get fair market value at best, not the money for a 2014

2. Robert Shannon Carpenter

Pro

5

Answered . The most you are entitled to is the value of the car you lost. If you do not believe you are being offered the fair value of car you lost, then it may be beneficial for you to hire an independent vehicle appraiser to prepare a valuation report for submission. Just keep in mind that if you do so you will have to pay the appraiser out of your pocket.

3. Michael T Warshaw

6

Answered . I presume no one was hurt and so you are looking at property damage only. The best you can recover is the value of the lost car. You are not entitled to a brand new car.

4. James Edward Butler III

4

Answered . What happened sounds like sudden unintended acceleration, or "SUA." It is unfortunately becoming a more common problem in today's computer-controlled cars. If someone was hurt, you may have a product liability suit against Honda. If that is the case, it's imperative that you consult with a lawyer with experience in auto products cases--there are only a few such lawyers in the state.

5. Gintare Grigaite

4

Answered . I recommend you get the value of your damaged car upfront.