I have a 14601(a)vc violation, I've received my license since. What happens when I go to court?

Asked over 2 years ago - Gardena, CA

I was initially pulled over for a brake light that was not out in Hermosa Beach while leaving work to drop off my manager at 4:30am...

1. Slavik Steve Leydiker

2

Answered . This charge is a misdemeanor, so you'll be appearing the arraignment. There, you'll have the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. I suggest you hire an attorney. If you can't afford one, you'll have to request a public defender at the arraignment. You're attorney may be able to get the charged dismissed or reduced to an infraction.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . Get an attorney as my colleague has stared. A DMV printout of your driving record would be useful.

Andrew Roberts
    818-587-0633

3. Benjamin Adam Arsenian

2

Answered . I agree with my colleges above. There are a plethora of ways to reduce or dismiss a charge of driving on a suspended license with knowledge of the suspension. Hire an attorney.

4. Jennifer Diem-Trang Le

Answered . An attorney will be able to look at the DMV proof of notice paperwork to see if you had proper notice and knowledge of the suspension. As the other attorneys stated, these matters are commonly reduced to infractions or a lesser charge, but there are many facts that affect that possibility. Consult with an attorney before you go to court to determine your options.

One or more answers have been taken down.