I have a 62000.00 judgemnt against my ex husband on money owed to me in the divorce decree. Can I garnish his wages if his

San Antonio, TX |

job is purely commission. He testified in court he only gets paid commission Thank You

Garnishing wages does not seem possible in TX except for child support. However, there are other remedies at law. Did you sue him and obtain a judgment? If so, have you abstracted the judgment? There are other ways that may lead to results.

Best of luck,
John Vong
Attorney at Law
(832) 641-0461
9950 Westpark Dr., Ste. 245
Houston, TX 77063

DISCLAIMER This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in Texas.

You cannot garnish wages or commissions, except for child support. But, once the money is in the bank, you can garnish it there. Also, any other non-exempt property is seizable. Consult an attorney to assist you.

I am licensed only in Texas. Offering information of a general nature in response to a question is not intended to be legal advice in your state.

If I am paying chils support each month without court order and have all of my receipts, can my wages still be garnished without my knowledge