I have 61 toll violations n i didnt do most them the i did do i called up fastrak n tried to have them corrected but my ex would

Asked almost 2 years ago - Vallejo, CA

take my car n run the fastrak now imy registration is suspended n im i have to to pay $ 4500 to even regist my car i dont have that kind of money cant i fight this? what can i do

1. Marc Gregory Wagman

1

Answered . toll fines or violations such as this have a certain amount of time to dispute the violation through an administrative hearing in most states. If the time limit has passed then you are likely to late to dispute them through the legal process or administrative hearing. If you cannot afford to repay the toll fines and you are working it is possible to do a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and reorganize to repay the toll fines over time and immediately get your license back. This is what a person would do in my state and district is file a Chapter 13 to reorganize and get the license back. Contact a bankruptcy attorney regarding a Chapter 13. A Chapter 7 is not going to really help here because city fine or state fines (tollway fines) are excepted from the bankruptcy discharge.