I have 6 ruptured discs in my back. Can I get disabilty?

Asked about 2 years ago - Hilliard, FL

I was in a motorcycle accident years ago. My chirprator has the files on my problem.

1. John Michael Phillips

3

Answered . How many years ago? Did you file a lawsuit over the matter? Where you at fault? You may have rights to make other claims besides disability.

As for disability, I have seen them approve less extensive claims and deny worse. Hopefully, you have other treatment besides chiropractic.

Feel free to give us a call- 1800-6-know-law and we can help or email help@knowthelawyer.com.

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . In order to obtain Social Security disability, you must be able to demonstrate medically that you have been unable to do any gainful employment for the past 12 months or it is anticipated that within the next 12 months, you will not be able to perform any gainful employment.

Call or visit your local l Social Security Office and obtain one of the many brochures which lays out the eligibility requirements.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . You can, but nothing is guaranteed.

But it will require you clearing several hurdles and you need an attorney to help you through the process. Look for someone that specializes in disability work.

4. Andrew Ronald Gillin

Pro

2

Answered . You may be able to. Get the forms from Social Security and file. If you are denied, hire a lawyer who routinely handles these appeals.

5. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . Just because you have 6 ruptured discs does not guaranty disability. Also, you will need some severe work restrictions, preferably from a medical doctor to improve your chances of getting any type of disability.

6. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . If you believe you are disabled, apply for benefits online. If you are turned down, hire an attorney who specializes in this area of law to represent you in the appeals process. Good luck.