I have 5 points on my license and got a speeding ticket, what is the best thing to do?

Asked 12 months ago - Exeter, NH

I got a transportation of drugs charge 10 months back and now I have this ticket. This will put me over 6 points on my license which will result in a long loss of license, but I haven't gone through a driving course yet and was wondering if pleading not guilty and taking a driving course will help. What do you think I should do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ryan Schwartz


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I think you need to hire a lawyer first. Taking a driver's course does help and should reduce the points that are on your record already. I would plead not guilty, ask for a jury trial and have a lawyer work out the details with the police officer who wrote the ticket or the prosecutor if the state assigns one for traffic tickets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,910 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,910 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering