Skip to main content

I have 32 years with my permanint residency, and 5 years with my boyfriend can I fix his stadus

Baltimore, MD |
Filed under: Immigration

I have 32 years with my permanint residency, and 5 years with my boyfriend can I fix his stadus, he has bein here in the US for 6 to 7 years we have no kids together, but he has bein in my childrens lifes. How long does it take for recidant to fix someone elses status?

Attorney Answers 2


It can be several years depending on what country he is from. If he entered illegally he will not be able to adjust his status in the U.S. He would have to leave the country and apply for a waiver. It would be much faster if you became a U.S. Citizen. You should speak with an attorney about the details of your case for the best advice.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
(206) 724-1940

Mark as helpful


You would not be able to do anything for him unless you marry him. That being said, you should still speak to an attorney as there are a lot of other questions that need to be answered before someone can advise you as to his immigration options.

Information provided in this answer is for general informational purpose only. Legal advice changes for each specific case, and it is impossible to give accurate advice without having a consultation and examining all relevant documents. Additionally, no attorney-client relationship is created until a consultation has taken place and an agreement between us has been met regarding terms of representation, if any.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics