I have 2 strikes i was sitting in a car that had a gun in it,the person that put it there said it in a 911 call we was set up

Asked about 2 years ago - Oakland, CA

THE POLICE SERCHED THE CAR THEY SAID THEY DID A RANDOM SERACH IM ON PAROLE THEY WAS WATCHING THE CARC SAY ME GET IN THE ASK ME 2 GET OUT CAN THEY DO THAT I WAS NOT DRIVING.

1. Wayne Rodgers Foote

Pro

5

Answered . The two previous answers are very good. I want to repeat what I think is the most important parts and suggest you follow this advice.

1. This is serious. Get a lawyer now.
    2. You have a right to remain silent. That right only means something if you exercise it. Do not talk to anyone about this case except your lawyer. Not the cops. Not your parole officer. Not your mother. Not your girlfriend. Not your priest. No one!
    3. Stop posting facts about the case here. I know you are anxious, but no one can give you any better advice than to tell you to get a layer right now and shut up.

Get a lawyer.

Shut up.

Wayne R. Foote, Esq.
    Board Certified OUI Defense Law Specialist
    by the National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
    Law Offices of Wayne R. Foote, PA
    344 Mt. Hope Ave
    Bangor, ME 04401
    (207) 990-5855
    (207) 990-5858 (fax)
    www.lawyersmaine.com
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." M. L. King, Jr.

2. Sean Anthony Brady

3

Answered . Mr. Bogan pretty much summed it up. All you need to know right now is that those charges are very serious and you need to lawyer up. If you cannot afford a private attorney, the court will appoint you a public defender. If you can afford a private attorney meet with a few and choose the one that you feel most comfortable with, most offer free consultations. Ideally you want an attorney who is familiar with handling cases in the court where your case is being handled and who has experience in serious cases like yours. Besides getting an attorney to help you, all you need to know is that you should not discuss this matter with ANYONE besides your attorney, not even your "friends" or girlfiriend or family.

Michel & Associates, PC
    (562) 216-4444

3. Tai Christopher Bogan

Pro

2

Answered . youre in for a battle considering you have 2 strikes. You are facing 25 to life in prison if you are charged and convicted of a felony related to these facts. It sounds like you might have some action on both a 1538.5 (motion to suppress) and a defense at trial.

However, all of that needs to be weighed against the risk of loss and long long prison sentence you could face.

I wish you the best of luck.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.