Skip to main content

I have 2 misdemeanors B in Texas one for failure to identify and the other for theft by check both from 2001 need cleared

Austin, TX |

They r both from 2001 nothing in my record since then n nothing before I need to get them taken care of I dont know what to do . And I no longer live in Austin tx I now live in a different city

Attorney Answers 2


Contact a local attorney through the bar association or an internet search and see if he/she can appear for you to clear them up for you.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Mark as helpful


The key to resolving your problem is knowing what the result was. Generally, speaking, if the cases resulted in dismissals or acquittals, they can be "expunged." If they resulted in deferred adjudications that were successfully completed, they may be eligible for "Orders of Nondisclosure." If they resulted on probations or other forms of final conviction, they will remain on your record unless they are somehow overturned or pardoned.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics