I have 1charge of DWLR and speeding 70 in a 55 plus no inspectin and ficticious tags these were from 2005..

Asked almost 2 years ago - Louisburg, NC

i was trying to get my Licenes back but have to take care of these first..i have papaerwork from the DMV saying i passed my test what are the chances my charges will be dropped? or go to jail? i have a job and cant risk losing it by getting locked up ..please try to answer these questions for me thank you

1. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

4

Answered . Your chances of having the charges dismissed will increase greatly by having a local attorney represent you. To answer your question, yes you can face jail time with these charges. In particular, you are actually facing 120 days in jail on just the DWLR charge alone. Again, I would advise that you speak and hire an attorney for these charges. However, what you can do beforehand is call DMV and see exactly what you need to do in order to get your license. Your license is revoked for some reason and you need to correct those issues right away, whether it be pay off some old tickets, fix an old Failure to Appear, get an assessment and comply with recommendations if it was based on a DWI, etc. This initial information will be very beneficial for your attorney as well. He/she will be able to at least show the DA that you are making efforts and more willing to dismiss the charges. Good luck!

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.
  2. Matisyahu Wolfberg

3

Answered . It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

Matisyahu Wolfberg
    www.FormerCop.com
    NY Criminal defense Attorney

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] I am licensed to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue