I have release of lien letter and signed car title from Toyota Financial, do I still owe.

Brentwood, CA |

Two years ago, Toyota Financial sent me a release of lien letter and a singed car title. I took it to DMV and they removed Toyota Financial as lien holder. I have never called Toyota but still make the payments. Do I still owe Toyota IF I decided to stop paying?

You need to consult with a qualified attorney in your area to review your finance contract and your payment history.

No way to say without looking at the paperwork.

Hope this perspective helps!

Can I fax it to you?

Dorothy G Bunce

Dorothy G Bunce

I am not licensed to practice in California so you would want to have this agreement reviewed by a local attorney.

It would depend on your agreement. I have to wonder why you think you still owe if Toyota gave you those documents.

Technically, I still owe Toyota a balance of 10k.

...and I recieved a loan release letter stating the car was paid off and to take the free and clear title that was given to me and that was singed off by Toyota to DMV and have them removed as a lien holder.

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Sounds like Toyota made a mistake. If you now have clear title, and you stop paying on the loan, then Toyota, or the lender could sue for the balance, but they would probably not be able repossess the vehicle. Again, it all depends on your agreement and other documents, which you should take to an attorney in your area for a consultation.

Vehicle title topics